These pancakes are good and good for ya!
This was a regular breakfast in our house growing up and now I am passing the tradition down to my kids. They love these pancakes. Easy & healthy. I have been using coconut oil in them lately and love it! Feel free to use applesauce or any other oil you prefer.
Blender Wheat Pancakes
print this recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat kernels
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 2 T. honey or sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Add the whole wheat kernels and milk to your blender. Blend on high for 5 minutes or until it is smooth. (If it is not blending well or seems a little thick, add a T. of milk at a time.)
- Add the honey, oil, salt, soda, powder and eggs to the blender. Blend for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the batter right from your blender on to a greased pre-heated griddle. (medium-high heat)
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side. Pancakes are ready to flip when the bubbles on top start to pop.
- Serve topped with butter and warm pure maple syrup.
- Notes: you can use whatever milk you like, regular, almond, coconut milk etc. Also, feel free to use a different kind of oil.
Recipe source: my sweet Mom :)