This rice pudding is the perfect warm breakfast or dessert!
It was my mom's birthday this week. We celebrated by going to lunch and shopping! I wanted to share a recipe that she made all the time growing up. This was a favorite around our house. Whenever we had leftover rice my mom would make this. It will make your whole house smell amazing. Best of all, it's really easy to make and puts that leftover rice to good use.
You don't have to add raisins, I love it with or with out.
There will be a bunch of juice you can spoon over your pudding. So good!
The rice settles in the bottom and creates a custard like top with all the spices.
Mom's Rice Pudding
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix the sugar, milks, eggs and spices in a medium size mixing bowl till all combined.
- Stir in the rice and raisins.
- Pour into a 2 1/2 quart baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve warm.
- NOTES: If you use a bigger dish, it will be thinner and bake quicker.