This salad is great for feeding a crowd and always a favorite!
I have made this salad dozens of times! I have made it for friends coming over for dinner and served it with a side of garlic bread. I have made it for baby and bridal showers, you name it. It makes a ton and is pretty easy to make! Not only that, it's a gorgeous salad and has the best flavor.
So next time you are in charge of a salad, try this one out and let me know how you liked it!
- 1 box bow tie pasta
- 3 to 4 chicken breast or a rotisserie chicken
- lemon pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 red pepper
- bag of spinach
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- FOR THE ALMONDS:
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Season the chicken with lemon pepper. Bake for 1 hour or until done. If using a rotisserie chicken, pull chicken off and put in a bowl, then sprinkle with lemon pepper. While the chicken is cooking, make the dressing.
- FOR THE DRESSING: Add all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until combined. Put in the fridge.
- Cook the pasta according to al dente directions rinse and set aside. Slice the peppers. When the chicken is done, let cool then slice into small pieces. In a very large bowl (or 2 bowls if you don't have one big enough) toss the pasta, spinach, peppers, chicken & dressing. Top with the candied almonds & additional sesame seeds if desired.
- FOR THE ALMONDS: In a non-stick skillet melt the butter over medium-low heat. Then add the sugar and almonds cooking just until a light golden brown. Quickly remove from the heat and set on a paper towel until cooled. Be careful not to burn them.
- NOTES: If making this ahead of time. Store the ingredients in separate containers int he fridge and toss all together just before serving. I usually make this with a rotisserie chicken. It is just so easy to pull off the chicken, sprinkle with lemon pepper and you are done.
- Recipe Source: my mother-in-law :)